Online Demo - Print Control Staff Mode with Popup Notification
Step 1. In Preferences --> User Mode, “Show popup notification when a print job is submitted on the workstation”.
Step 2. Copy "Popup.msi" to the workstation, double click "Popup.msi" to install the popup. The add-on Popup can also be installed silently and remotely using Windows Group Policy.
Step 3. Click Start -> All Programs -> Printer Usage -> Popup to run the popup. Enter the computer name or the IP Address of the computer that has Master Print Release Station - installed.
1. Popup will be started automatically when user login next time.
2. Modify Popup.msi package to include the name or IP address of the computer where you installed Master Print Release Station, so you don't have to enter it manually when you run Print Job Agent the first time on each workstation. Visit Step 1 of Windows Group Policy how to use Orca to modify Popup.msi .
1. A user sends a print job from a workstation.
2. A popup window appears on the workstation (Windows, Mac OSX / Classic, or Linux client computer) showing the document name, printer name, total number of pages, and cost.
If the popup doesn't appear, see FAQ 3.
3. The staff collects the payment and releases the print job for the user. The printing activity is tracked and saved in the database.
Note: If the Master – Slave infrastructure is used, the print job can be listed on both the Master Print Release Station and the Slave Print Release Station and staff can use either one to release the print jobs. Check Add a Slave Print Release Station.